DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
STUDENT LIFE >
STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES >
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE
Student Health Insurance
Robert Morris University is committed to offering a student health insurance policy that balances the cost of the premium with quality health insurance coverage to meet the needs of our students. In order to achieve an affordable option, RMU has a mandatory hard waiver policy for select groups of students.
The University requires that all traditional undergraduate students, both full-time and part-time, carry health insurance. Additionally, graduate students in the following groups will be required to carry comparable health insurance coverage or buy coverage from RMU's provider:
Cross registered students are not permitted to participate in the RMU health insurance plan.
- Resident Students
- International Students
- Club Sport Participants
- Nursing and Nuclear Medicine Students
- Intercollegiate Athletes
Students should verify that their insurance plan meets the minimum requirements set forth below:
Alternative insurance coverage must be active for all terms in which the student is enrolled during the academic year. Alternative insurance coverage is subject to verification by Robert Morris University. Students should ensure that their insurance coverage will be accepted within reasonable proximity to the Robert Morris University campus.
- Hospital Coverage
- Ambulance Coverage
- Emergency Room Services
- Policy Maximum of $100,000
- Pre-existing condition coverage
- Maternity coverage
RMU student accounts are charged the insurance cost upon registration. Once comparable coverage has been provided to the University, the health insurance charge will be removed from the account.
To provide the University with current insurance information, visit www.rmu.edu/studentinsurance. Choose the ‘Student Insurance’ option and login to Sentry Secured Services. In Sentry Secured Services, select the ‘Add’ option and complete the online form. This information will be automatically sent to the RMU Student Health Services Office. Calls to University offices, verbal statements, and written correspondence on tuition payments do not constitute waivers of coverage.
Proof of comparable medical insurance coverage must be provided on-line by July 31, 2014 for the upcoming academic year or you will automatically be enrolled in the University’s health insurance plan.
The cost of $1,836 for coverage from August 1, 2014 – July 31, 2015 will be charged to your RMU student account.
For Questions regarding:
- Highmark Insurance Plan Informational Booklet 2013-2014
- Medical and prescription benefits BEFORE enrolling in the plan or receiving your Highmark insurance card, call Highmark at 800-215-7865 and use reference code: P0260511.
- Medical and prescription benefits AFTER you receive your Highmark insurance card, call Highmark at 800-241-5704 and reference the group number listed on your insurance card. Note: the Robert Morris University logo will appear on the insurance card distributed by Highmark for the University's plan.
- Dental, vision care, travel abroad, or short-term medical care, contact Collegiate Insurance Resources at 800-322-9901 or visit www.cirstudenthealth.com/robert-morris.
- Verification of enrollment or waiver status, visit www.rmu.edu/studentinsurance.
- General information about the University's student insurance requirement, contact Student Health Services at 412-397-6221.