| ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
STUDENT LIFE >
STUDENT CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS >
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS > NONPROFIT LEADERSHIP ASSOCIATION
Nonprofit Leadership Association
RMU's Nonprofit Leadership Association is an organization dedicated to community service and learning about nonprofits!
We provide members with volunteer and leadership opportunities both on and off campus. Being a part of NLA is a great way to become involved on campus, complete volunteer hours for SET credit, develop leadership skills, meet new people who care about making a difference, have fun, and earn a certificate in nonprofit leadership!
Nonprofits we currently work with:
- The Ronald McDonald House
- Animal Friends
- Fern Hollow Nature Center
- Coraopolis Clothing Closet
- Family House
Earning a certificate in nonprofit management is an optional component in addition to being a member of NLA. The certificate program includes:
- Three noncredit workshops offered by RMU's Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management.
- A 150-hour internship at a nonprofit organization of your choice and approved by RMU's Director of Student Civic Engagement
- Active participation in the NLA student organization
Everyone is welcome, and there's no fee to join!
Director, Office of Student Civic Engagement
Nicholson Center 267