DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
STUDENT LIFE >
STUDENT CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS >
ACADEMIC HONOR SOCIETIES >
LAMBDA PI ETA
Lambda Pi Eta
Lambda Pi Eta is the official communication studies honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA). LPH has over 400 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide.
LPH was founded in 1985 at the University of Arkansas. LPH became a part of the National Communication Association (NCA) in 1988, and the official honor society of the NCA in July 1995.
The goals of Lambda Pi Eta are to:
- Recognize, foster and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
- Explore options for graduate education in communication
For More Information, Contact:
Michele R. Edwards, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Communications
SCIS School 314