DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
STUDENT LIFE >
RESIDENCE LIFE >
WHAT TO DO FOR ALCOHOL POISONING
What To Do For Alcohol Poisoning
- Person is pased out and cannot be awakened.
- Person has cold, clammy or bluish skin color.
- Person has slow or irregular breaths:
- less than 8 times per minute or
- more than 10 seconds in between breaths.
- Person is vomiting and does not wake up.
If any of these symptions exist, CALL FOR HELP IMMEDIATELY!
If Your Friend is Intoxicated:
- Get your friend to a safe place.
- Do not leave your friend alone; monitor breathing.
- Turn your friend on his/her side to prevent choking.
- Check for signs of alcohol poisoning.
If you're not sure if your friend needs help, Call Public Safety at 412-397-2424.
Friends Take Care of Friends
- To make responsible decisions if I choose to drink
- To not drive impaired or allow my friends to drive impaired
- To watch out for my friends and their safety
- To call for help if any indications of alcohol poisioning exist
- To not be angry if my friend seeks help for me if I am in danger