DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
STUDENT LIFE >
RESIDENCE LIFE >
POLICIES & PROCEDURES >
ROOM CHANGE POLICY AND PROCEDURES
Room Change Policy and Procedures
A specific date is established each semester for approved room changes to begin. A student wishing to change rooms must complete a Room Change Request Form, which is available from the Office of Residence Life. The Area Coordinator(s) of the area(s) involved in the change must sign this form before the student will be permitted to move. Any student changing rooms without the written approval of the Area Coordinator or the Director of Residence Life may be subject to University disciplinary action and disapproval of any subsequent requests to change rooms.
The University reserves the right to consolidate those students who are in a room that is currently housing less than the capacity of said room.
The University reserves the right to make administrative room changes which are believed to be in the best interest of those involved and the University.
When problems with roommates occur, students are encouraged to make an effort to resolve their conflicts. Before a room change can be made, the following procedure must be followed:
1. Both roommates must meet together with their Community Advisor to discuss their concerns.
2. The residents will create a contract with their Community Advisor, designed to resolve specific needs/concerns of both roommates.
3. The roommates must make every effort to abide by this contract for a minimum of one week.
4. If roommate differences are still irreconcilable at the end of the one week contract period, both roommates must again meet with their Community Advisor to discuss an alternative resolution.
5. It is the resident's responsibility to present a room change alternative. All residents involved in the prospective room change must have prior knowledge of the impending change and agree to the proposed change.
6. Upon approval, rooms must be inspected by the Office of Facilities Management prior to the move. Residents who are changing rooms are responsible for making arrangements to be properly checked out of his/her room, including room inspection by the Office of Facilities Management. NO ROOM CHANGE MAY BE INSTITUTED WITHOUT FOLLOWING PROPER PROCEDURES OR WITHOUT THE AREA COORDINATOR'S APPROVAL.