Residence Life Home
Care Packages
Residence Halls
Guide to Residence Living
Housing Options
Policies & Procedures
Alcohol Policy
IT Usage Policy
Break Period Housing Policy & Procedure
Candles and Incense Policy
Compliance with University Officials & Staff
Residence Hall Damage Policy & Procedures
Dress Regulation Policy
Drug Policy
Ejection of Objects from Windows
Entry Policy for Residence Hall Service Providers
Fire Safety Equipment & Procedures
Hospital Transportation Policy
Housing Accommodation Policy
Microwave Policy & Refrigerator Policy
Pet Policy
Private Room & Consolidation Policy
Quiet Hours & Courtesy Hours
Residency Requirement Policy
Room & Building Keys/Card Access
Room Change Policy and Procedures
Room Furnishings
Sexual Misconduct Policy
Smoking Policy
Solicitation Policy
Student Conduct Information
Trash Removal & Recycling Policy
Vacating Rooms
Visitation Policy
Weapons Policy
Professional Staff
Housing Contract
Roommate Information
Community Advisor (CA) Staff
Summer Intern Housing Program
National Residence Hall Honorary
Residence Hall Association
Fees & Rates
Links & Forms

For More Information, Contact:

Office of Residence Life
Washington Hall

412-397-5252 phone
412-397-2431 fax

Room & Building Keys/Card Access

Upon moving into the apartments, every student must register with the Area Coordinator (AC) or Resident Assistant (RA). Students living in Lexington or Concord Residence Halls will receive an Apartment/Room key upon arrival at Robert Morris University. If a student's keys are lost or stolen, the loss should be reported to the Area Coordinator immediately. If a resident loses his/her key they will be charged a flat rate of $75.00 for replacement.

All charges will be deducted from the student's damage deposit. Students are prohibited to have any University key duplicated commercially. Possession of an unauthorized key or duplicate key could subject the student to immediate suspension from the University. In addition, keys and access cards are non-transferable. Students transferring keys or access cards will be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with the University Judicial System.

Doors should be locked when students are not in their rooms. The University assumes no responsibility for the loss or theft of property. However, all such loses should be reported to the Office of Residence Life and to Campus Police immediately so that every attempt can be made to recover the property.

It is against University policy to prop open residence hall entry doors. It is against, local, state and federal regulations to prop open a fire-rated door. For the protection of apartment residents, the outside doors of Lexington and Concord Halls are alarmed. Any time the doors are propped open, the alarm will sound and notify RMU Campus Police automatically.