DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
STUDENT LIFE >
RESIDENCE LIFE >
NATIONAL RESIDENCE HALL HONOR SOCIETY
National Residence Hall Honor Society
The Robert Morris Chapter of the National Residence Hall Honor Society (NRHH) is recognized to provide recognition for students who have attained high scholastic achievement and provide outstanding service and/or leadership within the residence hall community. One (1) percent of the residential student population is selected into honor society membership each year.
Chapter Membership Standards
- Individual members need to have a grade point average of at least a 3.25 on the 4.00 RMU Grade Scale.
- Indvidual members need to have lived in RMU residence halls during the year or prior to the induction.
- Individual members need to exhibit outstanding leadership and service to the residence hall community.
Chapter Nomination Requirements
1. Nominees must currently reside on campus and must plan to live on campus for the 2014-2015 academic year
2. Nominees must have resided in Robert Morris University Residence Halls for at least a two semesters (including the present semester);
3. Nominees must have a cumulative G.P.A. of at least 3.25 on the RMU scale;
4. Nomination must be provided to the Office of Residence Life by the designated date and time for distribution to the Official Selection Committee;
5. All NRHH members, university faculty, staff and students can make nominations. If this is an organization that aligns with your ambitions and values, you may also apply on your own;
6. Nominees must be able to attend meetings on Mondays at 8:00 p.m. (1 semester may be missed because of night class responsibilities)
7. If selected for NRHH, the induction ceremony will be on April 5th from 5:00 -7:00p.m.
A complete application includes:
· The answers to the four essay questions
· A copy of your resume. Please include all on and off campus membership, offices held, service to the university and local communities.
· Two references: 1 reference needs to be from RMU Faculty, Staff or Student Staff, and 1 reference from an RMU Faculty.
2013-2014 NRHH Leadership
As Executive Committee members of the 2013-2014 Robert Morris Chapter of the National Residence Hall Honor Society, please do not hesitate to contact the officers as they work to support the mission and vision of Residence Life.
Advisor Mrs. Elizabeth Holt email@example.com
Co-Advisor Ms. Katie Johnstone firstname.lastname@example.org