DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
STUDENT LIFE >
RESIDENCE LIFE >
MISSION & VISION
Mission & Vision
The Residence Life program at Robert Morris University is based upon the understanding that a student’s living environment has a significant impact on learning and personal development. Our Residence Life program is focused on supporting residents in their academic programs as well as pro-actively working to contribute to their personal growth and development. Residence Life staff members are educators and advisors working to promote a living-learning community. In this community, the process of learning mature roles and responsibilities is enhanced and the academic curriculum of the University is enriched.
A resident’s growth and development will be achieved in as many ways as there are individuals. Maintaining the integrity of the individual is an objective of our program and the University as a whole. Each residence hall represents a different set of needs, abilities and interests. Progress toward meeting the objectives of Residence Life is achieved by staff members who can recognize needs and implement special projects and programs to meet such needs. The Residence Life program strives to develop a collegial and academic climate where students can grow and broaden their abilities and interests. The living-learning community fosters an atmosphere which allows for each resident individual freedom while still valuing and respecting the community and group living situation.
The Office of Residence Life promotes community and student development by creating an integrative environment of learners that enriches the overall collegiate experience of residential students. Through collaborative programs and services within the Division of Student Life, the department will foster the intellectual, social, emotional, and personal growth and well-being of students.
- Attracting and retaining students in on-campus residence halls by providing residents with a clean, safe, secure, well-maintained, and comfortable living and learning environment where academic excellence with a professional focus are encouraged and supported.
- Providing educational and practical leadership development opportunities designed to promote responsible decision making and personal accountability in addition to preparing students to assume ethical and effective leadership roles in society.
- Facilitating outstanding living and learning opportunities beyond the classroom and promoting the development of life skills and practices that contributes to the pursuit of academic, occupational and personal goals.
- Increasing engaged learning and promoting a globally diverse perspective and appreciation of a community which values and believes that individuals matter.
- Assisting in institutional retention by maintaining and improving the re-contracting and retention rate of students in the living and learning communities.