Office of Residence Life Announcements
Residence Hall Closing Notice
The residence halls will be secured on Saturday April 29, 2017 at 5:00 PM. All residents must leave their residence halls within 24 hours after their last final exam. Graduating Seniors are permitted to remain in their assigned Residence Hall until 5:00 PM on Sunday May 7, 2017.
Extended Office Hours
Friday April 28, 2017 - 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday April 29, 2017 - 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday April 30, 2017 - 10:00 AM to Noon
Saturday May 6, 2017 - 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Sunday May 7, 2017 - 10:00 AM to Noon
How to Check-Out
1. Remove all personal belongings from room.
2. Return all University Furniture to its original location.
3. Clean your room or apartment (including appliances).
4. Sweep, mop, and/or vacuum all floors.
5. Deposit all trash in designated areas.
6. Close windows, lock windows, and close blinds.
7. Turn off all lights.
8. Lock room, suite doors and apartment doors.
9. Post closing notice on door when you leave.
10. Return your room key to the office of Residence life.
* All Mailbox keys should be returned to the student mail room. We will not accept any mail keys. Summer residents should notify the mail room if keeping mail key to avoid charges.
1. Return your assigned keys to the Office of Residence Life.
2. Sign you key card in our office to confirm receipt of keys.
1. Pick up a key envelope from your Community Advisor/The Office of Residence Life.
2. Complete the required fields on envelope. Seal the envelope.
3. Drop your key off at the Office of Residence Life drop box.
* If your envelope is not properly completed and sealed you will receive a key charge for improper return.
Yorktown Residents Check-Out
1. Place closing notice on door.
2. Sign out with your Community Advisor.
3. Keep your Freedom Card.