DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
STUDENT LIFE >
PRE-ORIENTATION PROGRAMS >
RMU-Adventure Pre-Orientation Program
An Outdoor Recreational Experience
As an optional outdoor recreational experience for incoming first-year Robert Morris University students, RMU-Adventure provides new students with an adventure to help them prepare for their impending collegiate journey. This pre-orientation program provides opportunities for participants to develop friendships, gain confidence, and start their time at RMU with a fun and memorable experience. RMU-Adventure will start on Sunday, August 16th and residential students will be able to move their belongings in during program registration. Commuters should make arrangements for transportation all 3 days of the program. After 3 days of fun and excitement, the pre-orientation schedule will transition into the traditional first year student orientation on August 20th.
What are the goals of the program?
- build relationships with other incoming and current students who share similar interests in outdoor recreation
- participate in a physically challenging and enjoyable outdoor experience
- increase confidence, self-esteem, leadership, and social skills through hands-on activities
- gain familiarity with RMU's campus and its proximity to natural offerings throughout western Pennsylvania
What types of possible activities are planned for RMU-Adventure?
- guided kayak tour in downtown Pittsburgh*
- disc golf*
- challenge ropes course*
- leadership opportunities *
* All activities are subject to availability based on weather. In most cases activities will be held as scheduled unless there are extreme or unsafe weather conditions. Additional information on what supplies to bring will be included in a welcome packet after you register for the program.
Who is eligible? All incoming freshmen and transfer students not already committed to an RMU program that requires an early move-in during RMU-Adventure. These include the honors program, band, dance team, cheerleaders, Early Success Program (ESP), Women's Leadership & Mentoring Program, or fall athletics.
For More Information, Contact:
Director of Campus Recreation