DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
STUDENT LIFE >
CENTER FOR STUDENT SUCCESS >
COUNSELING SERVICES >
Relationships have power. They have the power to give us joy and happiness and have the power to cause a lot of stress. It is important to approach relationships as a partnership and to figure out what you need as a couple to have a healthy relationship.
| HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS
|| UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS
EMOTIONAL AND SEXUAL ABUSE
NO RESPECT FOR THE PARTNER
Tips for Safe Dating in College
- Communicate, Communicate, Communicate
- Set limits and discuss what you want in a relationship and how far you are willing to go physically.
- Tell a friend where you’re going and when you’re returning. Have them check in with you throughout the evening.
- Be Proactive
- Drive yourself to the date or meet your date somewhere.
- Go out in a group at first to get to know the person a little better.
- Go to public places at first.
- Make sure you carry cash in case you need a cab.
- Keep your emergency numbers in your phone.
- Be Responsible
- If you are going to drink alcohol, drink responsibly.
- Don’t ever accept a drink from a stranger or leave your drink unattended.
- Always make sure there is consent to any physical contact.
Red Flag Campaign