DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
STUDENT LIFE >
CAMPUS RECREATION >
INTRAMURAL SPORTS >
General Playing Rules
- Arc must be at least 6 feet (umpire's discretion). There is no limit to the maximum height.
- No bunting, leading off, or stealing.
- A runner may not leave the base unless the ball is struck fair or foul. If they do, they will be called out.
- Maximum of 10 players on defense. Maximum of 11 on offense (EH). Must have at least 8 players on hand to field a team.
- Ten minute grace period to field a team.
- Foul ball on third strike, the batter is out.
- All games are 6 innings or one hour, whichever comes first.
- Slaughter Rule - A team with a 10 run lead after 4 innings wins the game.
- All rosters are frozen after a team plays their first game.
- If a batter steps out of the box or onto the plate and strikes the ball fair or foul, the batter is out.
- If a pitch hits any part of the plate or the mat it is a strike.
- Intentional Walk - Just tell the umpire, no pitches necessary.
- No metal cleats.
- Canadian Tie-Breaker Rule - If the score is tied after 6 innings, the team at bat places the batter that made the last out of the previous inning at second base. The team then starts the inning with one out.
- A toss of the coin determines home team in regular season. The higher seed is awarded home field advantage in the playoffs.
- All decisions on the field are final. No arguing calls. The exception is an ineligible player protest.