DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
STUDENT LIFE >
CAMPUS RECREATION >
INTRAMURAL SPORTS >
General Playing Rules
- Games will be three 15 minute running time periods with a 3 minute break between periods.
- Clock will stop when necessary under when there are 2 minutes left in the game (icing, penalties, etc.).
- Ties after regulation will be decided by a shootout. There will be no overtime period.
- Shootouts will be best of 3, with extra shooters used when necessary.
- “Icing” will occur when the puck is intentionally shot out of play.
- Games will be 4 on 4 with a goalie.
- Gloves and sticks required, all other equipment is optional (helmet, shin guards, etc.).
- Teams will be required to provide their own goalie equipment (pads, helmet with facemask, glove, blocker, etc.).
- Penalties will be called as a 2 minute offense, unless otherwise ruled by the official.
- Any fighting results in ejection from the game and the league.
- There is no off sides.
- Line changes can be made during stoppages as well as on the fly.
- There is no out of bounds.
- There is no checking.
- Play stops after a goal is scored, icing occurs, a penalty occurs, or a timeout is called.
- Each team will have two 1 minute timeouts for the entire game.
- Follow basic hockey rules and courtesy.
- Games will be played on the North Athletic Complex basketball courts.