DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
STUDENT LIFE >
CAMPUS RECREATION >
INTRAMURAL SPORTS >
BASKETBALL (3 ON 3)
Basketball (3 on 3)
Rules for 3-on-3 Tournament
- Games will be to 16 points or 30 minutes whichever comes first. Whoever is leading after the 30 minutes will be the winner.
- Each team must have at least three players on their roster and no more than five. Games may be started and completed with only two players, but not just one player.
- No roster changes are allowed after your first game.
- Substitution is unlimited, but permitted only when the ball is not in play.
- To begin the game, a coin toss will determine the right to possession.
- The ball will change possession after all made baskets, no "make it, take it."
- The ball will be "taken back" on every change of possession. Failure to take back will result in the loss of possession and the loss of any points resulting from that possession. ("Taking back" means BOTH feet behind the 3-point line.)
- An opposing player must check the ball before it is put into play. The ball must be passed to a teammate to begin play.
- All Jump Balls go to the Defense.
- After all fouls or balls out-of-bounds, the ball will be taken out at the top of the 3-point line.
- Two-Point Shot: Similar to the 3-point shot in college.
- You call your own fouls, a monitor will keep track of points and team fouls, but is not a referee.
- If anyone throws a punch, that person is out of the league.