DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
STUDENT LIFE >
CAMPUS RECREATION >
New students or members can complete their waiver form here.
There are two primary student fitness centers located on campus. The Jefferson Health & Fitness club is located on the second floor of the Jefferson Center. Membership is free to students. The area includes free weights, Hoist selectorized circuit machines, cardio equipment, a spinning room, and a group fitness studio, as well as a men's and women's locker room with shower and bathroom facilities.
- Free Weight Area (with benches, a cable cross machine, leg press machine, squat racks, and thousands of pounds in plates and dumbbells)
- Hoist Roc-It Selectorized Equipment (18)
- Cardio Area (upright bikes, recumbent bikes, spin bikes, steppers, treadmills, and elliptical trainers)
- Cardio Theater (enables users to watch their favorite TV program or listen to music)
- Locker Rooms (men's and women's with showers)
- Fitness Classes
The Yorktown Fitness Center is located on the 1st Floor of the Yorktown Residence Hall. Some of the amenities of the center include:
- An expansive 3,500 square feet dedicated to cardiovascular, selectorized plate-loaded and free weight equipment
- State of the art cardiovascular equipment including Precor treadmills, upright and recumbent bicycles, adaptive motion trainers, elliptical cross-trainers and more
- 2 brand new Expresso Bikes which implement a virtual gaming experience into your workout.
- Various types of selectorized (strength), free-weight and plate-loaded equipment targeting all areas of the body.
- Cardio-theater available on televisions located throughout the fitness area (personal headphones required).
- Dedicated space for stability balls, medicine balls, and equipment to focus on abs, core muscles, and stretching.
- Lockers available to store personal belongings.
- A renovated outdoor patio for studying, relaxing and catching some sun.
- Convenient access to campus through 24-hour shuttle service.